Adapting Paulo Freire’s work to our changing reality.
Training for Transformation Diploma course is an intensive, year-long course using participatory methodology to explore Paulo Freire’s approach to critical conscientization and its application to our reality. It is designed for development practitioners, facilitators and community organisers from CBOs, NGOs and FBOs.
AIMS OF THE DIPLOMA COURSE
- To build a new level of leadership in the development education field that is grounded in good theory and practice.
- To build the skills, insights and abilities of teams, from NGOs and community organisations, to empower local self-reliant community development efforts and to link these efforts within wider national and global movements within civil society.
- To build confidence, knowledge and skills to work with and challenge local and national governments to ensure macroeconomic policies that are to the advantage of the marginalised.
AREAS OF STUDY FOR THE DIPLOMA COURSE
- Personal awareness, self development and building a learning community
- Understanding adult and popular education
- Freire’s key principles that enable people to ‘read their reality and write their own history’
- Social and structural analysis
- Ethical leadership and building organisation based on action/reflection
- Strategic planning, organising and mobilising
- Political economy
- Spirituality and culture in context
- Gender, feminism, gender reconciliation
- Social business/ enterprise
- Social research
- Facilitation skills
DIPLOMA COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- Attend the residential course full time.
- Write weekly and final papers.
- Design and conduct skills practice sessions (workshops) during the home phases and submit reports on these.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Development practitioners, community organizers from FBO’s, CBOs, NGOs and facilitators with more than three years of experience.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
- Experienced trainers/organisers with at least three to five years of experience working with grassroots groups.
- Be employed or actively engaged in community work.
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English.
- A signed agreement to serve their organisation for three years after graduation from Training for Transformation.
Please Contact: + 27 (0) 28 271 5999 or send an email to email@example.com.